Sunday, April 4, 2010

Can't stop won't stop.

So, it has been a loooong time since I have blogged. I figured I'd add a post and let people know what's going on.

I did not start my MFA program in 2009, or in 2010, and will not be starting until 2011 - January. However, I am still on the road! As I mentioned in previous posts, my problem was with funding, and my funding problem was connected to credits. I decided to stop beating a dead horse, and leave NYU alone. Instead, I went back to school. I am in an Interior Design program at the Art Institute of Pittsburgh, Online Division. The program is phenomenal, and I've learned a lot. In a year I will have completed my studies and have a certificate, with 36 additional undergraduate credits.

This is a bit more complicated than it seems, as the program I am in is a certificate program, not a bachelors program. I was going to do the bachelors, but decided to do the certificate program because I needed two years to complete the BA, and I was not going to do two years. I was going to drop out. Doing the certificate program allows me to get the credits I need and actually have a credential in the end. It's a very intense program, but I do really love the work. You know me, all things creative.

The new problem: financial aid at Bennington indicated that I would not be able to use those undergraduate credits because they are not considered undergraduate bachelors credits if they are on a transcript for a certificate, even if all the classes are also a part of the bachelors program. That's no problem though. I'm going to finish the certificate program transfer to the bachelors program, take one or two classes, and then withdrawal. I'll still have my credential, I'll learn a little more in the extra class or two, and the transcripts will be bachelors program credits and not certificate program credits. I'm smart!

No comments: